We’re looking for a motivated finance professional to join our Trustee Board as Treasurer, provide us with financial direction and help us improve our long-term sustainability.
Working closely with our Chair and CEO, your key responsibilities will include:
- Keeping the Board informed about its financial duties and responsibilities
- Guiding and advising the Board in the approval of budgets, accounts and financial statements
- Chairing the Board’s Finance sub-committee
- Reviewing the quarterly and year end accounts produced by our volunteer Financial Accountant
- Presenting the year end accounts at the Annual General Meeting
- Ensuring that proper financial procedures and controls are in place to safeguard the charity’s resources
- Ensuring that the charity has appropriate reserves and investment policies
You don’t need to have been a trustee before, but you’ll need to:
- have recognised professional financial qualifications or experience
- ideally, have some knowledge or experience of charity finances, fundraising and pension schemes
- be familiar with Xero accounting systems and spreadsheets
- have the skills to analyse proposals and examine their financial consequences
- be able to explain complex financial information in an accessible way
- be able to exercise good independent judgment and if necessary to make difficult recommendations
- work effectively as part of a team
- have the time and flexibility to respond to the demands of the charity
- be willing to learn about and follow the Citizens Advice aims, principles and policies, including confidentiality and data protection
- represent Citizens Advice professionally at all times
For further information about the role, please see our Treasurer information pack.
If you’re excited to help us grow and strengthen our resilience so that we continue to meet the advice needs of the diverse communities we serve, we would love to hear from you.
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter setting out your suitability for the role to Berenice Chandler, Practice Administrator: email@example.com
We are keen to achieve a more diverse Board and welcome applications from all sections of the community and different backgrounds who will bring enthusiasm and a fresh perspective.